Cardio-Metabolic Analysis (AKA VO2max, metabolic testing, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, ergo spirometry); the most comprehensive and insightful health assessment there is. In under 30 minutes we can reveal a person’s cardiac, pulmonary and metabolic health while providing all the information necessary to develop the most accurate nutrition and workout plan.
Our testing is backed by world experts in metabolic analysis and cardiovascular health and most importantly it is backed with a team of passionate engineers dedicated to bringing cardio-metabolic analysis to the world.
As any medical grade cardio-metabolic analyzer, we measure a person’s oxygen consumption (VO2), carbon dioxide production (VCO2) and ventilation (VE) during resting and exercise conditions. The combination of these metrics provides unique insights into our body’s physiology including the amount of energy it expends, the type of fuel it utilizes (e.g. fats or carbohydrates) the level of muscle fatigue etc. Today, cardio-metabolic analysis is being used in the fitness industry to assess the following:
- Physical exercise intensity
- Fuel utilization and caloric expenditure
- Fitness level and progress
- Optimal training zones depending of goal. Moreover, in the medical and weight loss industry cardio-metabolic testing is used for the following:
- Cardiovascular & pulmonary disease (CVDP) detection
- Predicting myoskeletal problems (i.e. lower back pain)
- Diet prescription and “weight loss plateau”* detection
- Workout prescription for patients and individuals recovering from injuries or operations
- Health-risk stratification for healthy individuals
- Predicting healthcare expenses & longevity
Who we Serve
Fitness and Weight Loss
Body Fusion brings a revolution to the fitness and weight loss industry through the first highly accurate and affordable cardio-metabolic test and analysis. It is the gold standard assessment tool for detecting the notorious “weight loss plateau” and prescribing diet and exercise.
- Detect Weight Loss Plateau
- Assess fat burning efficiency and resting metabolic rate (RMR)
- Develop training & nutrition for fat loss
The importance of aerobic capacity is now being widely recognized in the field of dynamic sports as the secret ingredient to success. As a result, thanks to its ability to accurately assess aerobic capacity as well as fuel economy, muscle composition and fat burning efficiency, our testing and analysis have become the tool guiding the nutrition and workout of dynamic sport athletes and everyday gym goers.
- Assess aerobic capacity
- Determine muscle fiber composition
- Measure fuel economy and resting metabolic rate (RMR)
We provide the most essential training metrics for endurance athletes cost effectively, conveniently but most importantly in real training conditions.
Measure fuel economy and thresholds in the conditions where you train and perform. Our cloud connectivity allows you to broadcast real-time cardio-metabolic data to your coach anywhere around the world and analyze them collectively with biomechanical or other data (i.e. Fitfile compatible).
- Assess fuel economy and thresholds in real training conditions
- Broadcast real-time cardio-metabolic data anywhere around the world
- Sync analyze cardio-metabolic and biomechanical data in the first online complete performance analysis platform
A single adverse cardiac event can cost up to $1M in healthcare expenses and lost productivity. What is most brutal about this, is that most cases are preventable through early diagnosis and personalized workout and diet.
We provide the only non-invasive and scientifically validated method for detecting latent cases of cardiovascular disease before they become life threatening and assessing whether a weight loss intervention is actually working or leading to the notorious “weight loss plateau”.
As a result, you can effectively tackle obesity and cardiovascular disease in your organization, the two biggest drivers of healthcare expenses and productivity loss.
Our assessment is conducted by our certified operators and can take at your location or ours.
Data from the measurements are communicated live to the cloud where proprietary algorithms use them to generate a report. Each report is then individually vetted by our experts to ensure the quality of our recommendations.
Our team of experts maintain a direct line of communication with your employees to ensure adherence to the program or interface with your existing corporate wellness provider.
The American Heart Association in 2016 elevated VO2peak -one of the key biometrics measured by our test- to a vital sign and supported its institution in every routine health evaluation. This was a result of decades of scientific research which unequivocally justify VO2peak as the strongest predictor of overall and cardiovascular mortality and morbidity; stronger than blood pressure, cholesterol or tobacco use. Moreover, several longitudinal studies have demonstrated a strong correlation between VO2peak and reduction in healthcare expenses. Specifically, for each unit increase in VO2peak, healthcare expenses are reduced by ~$1,500 annually whereas the likelihood of mortality is reduced by 15%.
- We guarantee the positive financial outcome for your organization
- Complete cardiovascular and metabolic disease screening in just 10 minutes by our certified operators
- Personalized diet & exercise programs vetted by our experts
Professional & Varsity Teams
With PNOĒ you can offer all of your athletes easy and affordable metabolic testing (AKA VO2max) the time burden of translating the results into actionable workout and nutrition recommendations.
Our advanced data analysis software and reporting will reveal several essential elements of an athletes’ physiology that traditional metabolic analyzers do not including fuel economy, muscle composition and fat burning efficiency. As a result, our system from the onset of an athlete’s development can reveal his genetic predispositions help him direct his development towards the sport or position he is “really made for”.
The portability allows you to conduct sport specific protocols and quantify your athletes’ performance in real training conditions.
- Have our operators execute the measurements and our experts analyze the data
- Conduct sport specific protocols and analyze your athlete’s physiology in real training conditions
Physical Therapist & Chiropractors
The way we breathe is one of the strongest predictors of body imbalances and common myoskeletal problems like lower back pain. Cardio-metabolic testing includes the analysis of biomarkers which characterize the efficiency of our breathing and are strongly associated with the advent of body imbalances and myoskeletal problems.
PNOĒ now offers chiropractors and physical therapists the ability to enhance their diagnostic capacity of myoskeletal problems and expand their offering to exercise and nutritional guidance for individuals with disabilities using a scientifically validated method.
- Diagnose more effectively breathing patterns that lead to myoskeletal problems and body imbalances
- Expand your practice to weight-loss and training planning